Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the v4l-dvb tree

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Mon Oct 29 2012 - 04:43:29 EST

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012, David HÃrdeman wrote:

> > allmodconfig) failed like this:
> >
> > drivers/hid/hid-picolcd_cir.c: In function 'picolcd_init_cir':
> > drivers/hid/hid-picolcd_cir.c:119:27: error: 'RC_TYPE_ALL' undeclared
> > (first use in this function)
>
> I can fix it, should be easy (rename RC_TYPE_ALL to RC_BIT_ALL).
>
> > Caused by commit c003ab1bedf0 ("[media] rc-core: add separate defines
> for
> > protocol bitmaps and numbers"). The new reference was introduced in
> > commit ae08e324146c ("HID: picoLCD: Add support for CIR") which was
> > merged by Linus on October 2 into v3.7-rc1 via the hid tree.
> >
> > I have used the v4l-dvb tree from next-20121026 for today.
>
> The question is in which form you want the patch - as a separate patch or
> a new version of commit c003ab1bedf0 (i.e. the entire patch)? Also, against
> which tree should I create the patch?

I am not able to see c003ab1bedf0 in repo at

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-media.git

so I am not entirely sure what's happening, but I guess that you have just
changed the define for RC_TYPE_ALL and updated all the drivers under
drivers/media to use the new name. So please do so for
drivers/hid/hid-picolcd_cir.c the same way.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs