Auto reboot when CPU at full load with X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ

From: Drunkard Zhang
Date: Mon Nov 05 2012 - 11:13:46 EST

Resending to right lists :)

I'm using Intel Xeon X5570 x2 with Asus Z8PE-D18, and experiencing
auto reboot when CPU full loaded for minutes, like building kernel
with "make -j17". After a lot of bisecting of config file, I found the
option leads to the reboot: X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ, both configed
X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ as a module or built in will lead to reboot.

Config file finally bisected appended, config-3.7.0-rc3+-bad is the
one leads to reboot, config-3.7.0-rc3+-ok works OK. Hardware info also
appended.

I think it is a bug, anything I can do? When the bug triggered, the
screen blanked immediately, any advice for me to debug? Happy to match
to code :-)

This bug is CPU specific, with Xeon E5606 or E5620 it's all fine, just
triggered with Xeon X5570, or maybe all Xeon X serial.

Tested kernel version: 3.1.x, 3.3.x, 3.5.x, 3.6.x, 3.7*, they are all affected.