[Patch v4 0/7] acpi,memory-hotplug : implement framework for hot removing memory

From: Wen Congyang
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 05:59:01 EST

The memory device can be removed by 2 ways:
1. send eject request by SCI
2. echo 1 >/sys/bus/pci/devices/PNP0C80:XX/eject

In the 1st case, acpi_memory_disable_device() will be called.
In the 2nd case, acpi_memory_device_remove() will be called.
acpi_memory_device_remove() will also be called when we unbind the
memory device from the driver acpi_memhotplug or a driver initialization
fails.

acpi_memory_disable_device() has already implemented a code which
offlines memory and releases acpi_memory_info struct . But
acpi_memory_device_remove() has not implemented it yet.

So the patch prepares the framework for hot removing memory and
adds the framework into acpi_memory_device_remove().

The last version of this patchset is here:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/26/175

Note: patch1-2 are in pm tree now. And there is a bug in patch1, so I resend
them. The commit in pm tree is:
patch1: 85fcb3758c10e063a2a30dfad75017097999deed
patch2: d0fbb400b6f3a6191bdc5024f8733b2e2b86338f

Changes from v3 to v4:
1. patch1: unlock list_lock when removing memory fails.
2. patch2: just rebase them
3. patch3-7: these patches are in -mm tree, and they conflict with this
patchset, so Adrew Morton drop them from -mm tree. I rebase and merge
them into this patchset.

Wen Congyang (6):
acpi,memory-hotplug: introduce a mutex lock to protect the list in
acpi_memory_device
acpi_memhotplug.c: fix memory leak when memory device is unbound from
the module acpi_memhotplug
acpi_memhotplug.c: free memory device if acpi_memory_enable_device()
failed
acpi_memhotplug.c: don't allow to eject the memory device if it is
being used
acpi_memhotplug.c: bind the memory device when the driver is being
loaded
acpi_memhotplug.c: auto bind the memory device which is hotplugged
before the driver is loaded

Yasuaki Ishimatsu (1):
acpi,memory-hotplug : add memory offline code to
acpi_memory_device_remove()

drivers/acpi/acpi_memhotplug.c | 168 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------

1.8.0