Re: [REGRESSION] Kernel 3.5 to 3.7-rc4 / GMA500 / DPMS sometimescrashes system

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 18:30:41 EST

> generally it takes 3 or 4 cycles to trigger the bug. Kernel 3.4.3 works fine.
> There are no messages in the logs. Any idea what might cause this or how I
> can debug it any further? I will supply more details on my setup if needed.
> Please CC me in your reply as I am not subscribed to the list.

If 3.4.3 works and 3.5 fails then that is a big help as it narrows the
possible range of causes down quite a bit.

Hardware info would be helpful here but I suspect it may be a case of
doing a set of test builds to identify the offending patch.

Also anything in the log might be helpful including doing the runs with
drm.debug=255 in the kernel command line to get full traces

Alan