Re: [RFC] Device Tree Overlays Proposal (Was Re: capebus movingomap_devices to mach-omap2)

From: Grant Likely
Date: Fri Nov 09 2012 - 15:34:00 EST

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Pantelis Antoniou
<panto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 7, 2012, at 11:19 AM, Benoit Cousson wrote:
>> Maybe some extra version match table can just be passed during the board machine_init
>>
>> of_platform_populate(NULL, omap_dt_match_table, NULL, NULL, panda_version_match_table);
>>

> Would we need explicit of_platform_populate calls if we have node modification notifiers?
> In that case the notifier would pick it up automatically, and can do the per
> version matching internally.

There still needs to be something to register "everything below this
node is interesting" which is exactly what of_platform_populate() does
now. I see the notifiers being used by the of_platform_populate
backend to know when nodes have been created (or destroyed).

g.