Re: OOM changes in Linux 3.7 lead to udev warnings and total breakageof KDE 3.5.10/TDE

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Nov 12 2012 - 20:22:54 EST

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM, David Rientjes <rientjes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You want to carry a dummy tunable forever?

Feel free to make it non-dummy.

> If not, then how long if two years isn't sufficient?

What part of "We don't break user space" do you have trouble understanding?

There is no time limit. It's not about time. It's about not breaking user space.

End of discussion. I don't understand why people have such a hard time
understanding such a simple concept. If people reports it breaks
user-space, we fix it. And we keep fixing things until nobody uses the
old versions any more. Seriously, IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Linus