Re: linux-next: Tree for Nov 14

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 02:39:23 EST

* Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 07:47:26 +0100 Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > * Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > It would help if the old sched/numa code wasn't in -next while
> > > you're away. That would give me a clean run at 3.7 and will
> > > make it easier for others to integrate and test the four(!)
> > > different autoschednumacore implementations on top of
> > > linux-next.
> > >
> > > Pretty please?
> >
> > The next integration should have this solved: I have removed the
> > old sched/numa bits, replaced by the latest rebased/reworked
> > numa/core bits.
> >

> That solves one problem, but I still need to route around the
> numa stuff when preparing the 3.8-rc1 merge. Again!

I'm eyeing a v3.8 merge... modulo unforeseen problems. This has
been going on for way too long.

numa/core performs very well, and the rest can be done
iteratively.

The mm/ bits changed very little due to the latest rounds of
review. Most of the discussion centered around specific
implementational details and naming - and where we were wrong I
changed the code - numa/core sums up the consensus so far.

If I missed anything let me know and I'll fix the code ASAP ...

Thanks,

Ingo