Re: [RFC] staging: ste_rmi4: merge into the main kernel tree

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 13:04:00 EST

Hi Alexandra,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 05:40:12PM +0000, Alexandra Chin wrote:
> Hi Henrik and all,
>
> As I know, currently there is no synaptics RMI4 touchscreen driver in the
> main tree. In order to support our customers effectively, is it able to merge
> staging ste_rmi4 driver into the main kernel.org tree? If it is accepted, should
> I send a patch for this change?

I believe that we should keep ste_rmi4 in staging, not as reflection of
its code quality, but rather because it is a temporary solution until
full-fledged RMI4 driver is merged.

Please have Greg commit the patch that Henrik reviewed to staging and
then work with Christopher Heiny group on getting the full featured
driver into mainline.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry