Re: KMS Framebuffer on Intel N2600 (GMA3600)

From: Forconi
Date: Fri Nov 16 2012 - 09:49:35 EST

Hi Alan,
I wasn't be able to make the Linux Framebuffer run on my kernel, even if the kernel config seems to be correct.
I have decided to give a try to ubuntu-server because many users report to make their netbook screen work with cedarview-drm driver.
To be short, I installed ubuntu-server, installed a non-pae kernel (3.2.0.33), installed cedarview-drm package and configured grub with video=LVDS-1:d.
Framebuffer is up and running now with 800x480 resolution. I haven't investigated yet why ubuntu driver works and the one I built wit the 3.6.6 kernel not.

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,
Samuele.