Re: Benchmark results: "Enhanced NUMA scheduling with adaptiveaffinity"

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Nov 16 2012 - 12:49:16 EST

* Mel Gorman <mgorman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 04:56:26PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > * Mel Gorman <mgorman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > It is important to know how this was configured. I was running
> > > one JVM per node and the JVMs were sized that they should fit
> > > in the node. [...]
> >
> > That is not what I tested: as I described it in the mail I
> > tested 32 warehouses: i.e. spanning the whole system.
> >

> Good (sortof) [...]

Not just 'sortof' good but it appears it's unconditionally good:
meanwhile other testers have reproduced the single-JVM speedup
with the latest numa/core code as well, so the speedup is not
just on my system.

Please post your kernel .config so I can check why the 4x JVM
test does not perform so well on your system. Maybe there's
something special to your system.

Thanks,

Ingo