Re: DVS regulator drivers

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Nov 20 2012 - 05:38:17 EST

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:02:57AM +0100, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2012, Mark Brown wrote:

> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:52:09PM +0100, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> > > /* Always set the ON status to the minimum voltage */

> > > but I actually don't see, where the minimum is selected. It seems instead
> > > in this case the "ON" value is just set:

This is where I was asking you to clarify what you were trying to say :/

> In other words, I don't see where voltages are compared to select the
> minimum to be used for .on_vsel. Instead, it seems, .on_vsel is always set
> to the new value, and, if it is also higher then the old .dvs_vsel value,
> .dvs_vsel is _also_ set to the new voltage, in which case they become
> equal. Is this the intended behaviour?

There's no need to do any comparison because we only ever get one
selector value, there's nothing to compare it against. We're setting it
to the dvs_vsel since normal practice is to keep the upper end of the
voltage range constant. This isn't going to do much good if they but
anyone who actually has that use can worry about it - it's rare.