Re: Streamlining Developer's Certificate of Origin, Signed-off-bytag

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Nov 20 2012 - 19:05:20 EST

> Not just a separate document but project / github / whatever given
> that other projects are referring to it now, and we stand to gain more
> in the community by streamlining it more and making it ubiquitous.

Cutting and pasting it somewhere works (subject to whatever licensing
it may have itself), as does having a list and a location for a copy, but
you still want it in the tree proper.

There's a reason that lawyers copy documents into other documents rather
than doing late dynamic binding - you want to be sure that what you
reference is the *exact* text that is valid for this case.

If you have a single master official copy and a link then you break all
that and you'd have to have everyones consensus and planning to change a
word of it.

Alan