Re: Streamlining Developer's Certificate of Origin, Signed-off-bytag

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Wed Nov 21 2012 - 04:40:53 EST

On 11/21/2012 02:13 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Ah so keep the original in place to let references to the original in
> whatever way those may exist to keep pointing but promote new usage to
> a copy and.. perhaps refer to the new copy in master, or just leave
> that in place as is?

It depends if they really want to have the same thing we do. I.e. don't
they want to rephrase the document a bit? If so, there is no point of
linking the document at all.

If no, we can create a separate document from that in the kernel so that
we allow people to link that at some fixed version using git commit SHA.
This can be done easily doing a link to git.kernel.org.

The link to git.kernel.org might seem to be long. One can create a
dynamic helper on some web like signed-off-by.cgi?id=SHA and it will
return that document in that version. (It will redirect basically.)

regards,
--
js
suse labs