Re: pi futex oops in __lock_acquire

From: Dave Jones
Date: Wed Nov 21 2012 - 12:47:01 EST

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 09:37:40AM -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
> I've sent a patch to address this. It has now been running "trinity -c
> futex" for about 12 hours. I haven't seen any more futex failures

Looks good here too.

> but I
> have seen a few OOMs. Is that expected from trinity?

Yeah, seems there's some leaks (both in trinity and the kernel).
Oddly enough someone else emailed me about that this morning, which
prompted me to write up this: http://codemonkey.org.uk/2012/11/21/fuzz-testing-oom-killer/
Which is just part of the problem. There are other issues too it seems. Fun.

Dave