Re: vdso && cr (Was: arch_check_bp_in_kernelspace: fix the rangecheck)

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Fri Nov 23 2012 - 12:42:30 EST

On 11/23, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:

> On 11/22/2012 08:12 PM, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
>
> > Sure. You shouldn't try to save/restore this page(s) directly. But
> > I do not really understand why do you need. IOW, I don't really
> > understand the problem, it depends on what c/r actually does.
>
> Think about it like this -- you stop a process, then change the kern^w VDSO
> page. Everything should work as it used to be :)

I understand. But again, this depends on how you restore. For example,
if you do not "transfer" libc/ld code, then probably vdso is not a
problem. Just you need to ensure the task was not stopped "inside" vdso.
Yes, yes, I understand that this is too limited, you probably want to
transfer "everything".

Oleg.