Re: memory-cgroup bug

From: azurIt
Date: Sun Nov 25 2012 - 08:27:43 EST

>> Thank you very much, i will install it ASAP (probably this night).
>
>Please don't. If my analysis is correct which I am almost 100% sure it
>is then it would cause excessive logging. I am sorry I cannot come up
>with something else in the mean time.

Ok then. I will, meanwhile, try to contact Andrea Righi (author of cgroup-task etc.) and ask him to send here his opinion about relation between freezes and his patches. Maybe it's some kind of a bug in memcg which don't appear in current vanilla code and is triggered by conditions created by, for example, cgroup-task. I noticed that there is always the exact number of freezed processes as the limit set for number of tasks by cgroup-task (i already tried to raise this limit AFTER the cgroup was freezed, didn't change anything). I'm sure it's not the problem with cgroup-task alone, it's 100% related also to memcg (but maybe there must be the combination of both of them).

Thank you so far for your time!

azur