Why is cpuset_cpus_allowed_fallback() necessary?

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Mon Nov 26 2012 - 17:32:42 EST

Hello, guys.

I'm wondering why cpuset_cpus_allowed_fallback() is necessary. This
is called from, e.g., try_to_wake_up()->select_task_rq() when none of
the cpus in ->cpus_allowed is useable. The cpuset callback invokes
do_set_cpus_allowed() w/ the cpuset's cpus_allowed. This was added by
the following commit,

commit 9084bb8246ea935b98320554229e2f371f7f52fa