Re: possible regression in kernel 3.6 and 3.7-rc: system hangs duringnightly tape backup

From: Tilman Schmidt
Date: Wed Dec 05 2012 - 06:03:53 EST

Problem still exists in kernel 3.7-rc7.

During the second backup run after I booted kernel 3.7.0-rc7, once
again all disk activity suddenly ceased, dmesg started to report
tasks "hung for more than 120 seconds", and everything happening
after that was forgotten after a reboot.

Can I do anything to help hunting this down?

--
Tilman Schmidt E-Mail: tilman@xxxxxxx
Bonn, Germany