Re: [YASB] Re: Linux 3.7-rc7

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Wed Dec 05 2012 - 16:48:43 EST

Hi,

got through all steps after all, and the ghost vanished.

Perhaps I did some silly mistake (marked that original master HEAD
as "bad" despite not actually having run that but rather some local
seemingly innocuous modifications - that will teach me for sure...).

Or perhaps it was something about the weird (to put it mildly) gcc ICEs
that I got when doing next bisection build on *some* of those kernels...
(i.e., some earlier effects from that, thus causing the problem)
A memtest run would be in order...
(fortunately I'm one generation post magnetic core memory on this "box" :-))

Just saw the -rc8 announce, thus I wanted to clarify status now,
but I'm still only 98% solid about this bisection result here.
Probably best to go straight ahead to -rc8.

Andreas Mohr