Re: Oops in 3.7-rc8 isolate_free_pages_block()

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 06 2012 - 14:38:57 EST

Ok, I've applied the patch.

Mel, some grepping shows that there is an old line that does

end_pfn = ALIGN(low_pfn + pageblock_nr_pages, pageblock_nr_pages);

which looks bogus. That should probably also use "+ 1" instead. But
I'll consider that an independent issue, so I applied the one patch
regardless.

There is also a

low_pfn += pageblock_nr_pages;
low_pfn = ALIGN(low_pfn, pageblock_nr_pages) - 1;

that looks suspicious for similar reasons. Maybe

low_pfn = ALIGN(low_pfn + 1, pageblock_nr_pages) - 1;

instead? Although that *can* result in the same low_pfn in the end, so
maybe that one was correct after all? I just did some grepping, no
actual semantic analysis...

Linus