Re: kswapd craziness in 3.7

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Thu Dec 06 2012 - 14:45:13 EST

On 12/06/2012 02:31 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Ok, people seem to be reporting success.

I've applied Johannes' last patch with the new tested-by tags.

Johannes (or anybody else, for that matter), please holler LOUDLY if
you disagreed.. (or if I used the wrong version of the patch, there's
been several, afaik).

Johannes's patch is a fairly big hammer, with kswapd not looping
back to the start when zones are still unbalanced.

However, the next allocation will wake up kswapd again, and
having kswapd stop early beats having it in an infinite loop.

I believe Johannes's patch will be fine for 3.7.

--
All rights reversed