Re: kswapd craziness in 3.7

From: Zlatko Calusic
Date: Sat Dec 08 2012 - 07:06:08 EST

On 06.12.2012 20:31, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Ok, people seem to be reporting success.

I've applied Johannes' last patch with the new tested-by tags.

I've been testing this patch since it was applied, and it certainly fixes the kswapd craziness issue, good work Johannes!

But, it's still not perfect yet, because I see that the system keeps lots of memory unused (free), where it previously used it all for the page cache (there's enough fs activity to warrant it).

I'm now testing the last piece of Johannes' changes (still not in git tree), and can report results in 24-48 hours.

Regards,
--
Zlatko