Re: Missing tags in my local stable git repo

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Mon Dec 10 2012 - 16:16:22 EST

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Otherwise I don't get the updates from stable when I do a remote fetch
> of my local copies. Would something like this work?
>
> [remote "origin"]
> fetch = +refs/*:refs/*
> mirror = true
> url = git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> [remote "stable"]
> url = git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
> fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/heads/*
>
> That is, if I have a single linus-stable.git repo that all my other
> repos use as an alternate and a remote, I could have this repo updated
> with:

That's actually what I have as my "master" repository.

My work repository references this as an alternate, and its .git subdirectory is
a symlink to space that is backed up (the alternates don't need backup as half
mirrors Linus' tree and the stable tree).

> git fetch
> git remote update stable

A single "git remote update" will fetch objects for both origin and the stable
remote.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds