Re: Missing tags in my local stable git repo

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Dec 10 2012 - 16:31:22 EST

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does that mean your tree could now be a problem, since you have recently
> added and then removed a branch (some of whose commits were not eventually
> committed to your master branch, I think)?

All of them were committed before that branch was removed, but yes, at
one point I did rebase that branch.

That said, as an alternate that should still be safe, assuming you
didn't then do any work on top of that rebased branch (ie your repo
doesn't have any references to any of those objects).

Linus