Re: [git pull] m68k updates for 3.8

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Fri Dec 14 2012 - 07:04:45 EST

Hi Rob,

On 12/14/2012 07:08 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
On 12/13/2012 01:44:14 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
Hi Linus,

The following changes since commit
29594404d7fe73cd80eaa4ee8c43dcc53970c60e:
Linus Torvalds (1):
Linux 3.7

Query: what's your test environment?

I've been trying to get m68k linux to boot in qemu on and off for years
(http://landley.net/aboriginal/bin/system-image-m68k.tar.bz2), but qemu
seems to be missing bits (mmu stuff mostly, some work's being done at
git://gitorious.org/qemu-m68k/qemu-m68k especially in the q800 branch,
but it throws a double MMU fault during kernel boot).

Somebody got one of my images to boot under aranym but they had to patch
the kernel fairly extensively to add the emulated device support that
emulator provided. It doesn't emulate real devices the way qemu does,
but qemu doesn't fully emulate the processor (just coldfire in mainline)...

I use aranym for testing m68k. Though I don't really pound to heavily
on the devices. I really only cross-compile small systems for testing
on it.

Regards
Greg