Re: [GIT PULL] x86/uapi for 3.8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Dec 14 2012 - 20:41:59 EST

I was wrong. It's not the x86 UAPI split, it's the DT pull. More people added.

Grant and Guennadi - it looks like some nasty memory corruption,
because now it didn't cause infinite scrolling, now it caused an oops
in unmap_single_vma() during exit_vmas(). In udevd. Followed by a
hang. I don't know *which* commit it is yet, but commit 4939e27d46fe
("Merge tag 'devicetree-for-linus' ...") is bad, and the previous
merge (the ARM mvebu one is fine).

I'll bisect to the commit, but wanted to let David off the hook, and
put the DT people on the hook. Maybe it's some odd merge artifact,
although I don't think that one had any conflicts at all.

Linus