Re: [GIT PULL] x86/uapi for 3.8

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Sat Dec 15 2012 - 17:05:25 EST

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Markus Trippelsdorf
> <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> So I wonder if the following simple patch might be enough?
>> It fixes the issue for me at least.
>
> Not enough.
>
> It presumably fixes the issue for you by hiding the problem. But if
> you were to boot a kernel with EFI support, it would re-surface.
> Including in any distro kernel that obviously will include EFI support
> in order to handle the generic case.
>
> I've reverted the commit.

more than that, 3 commits just after that commit should be reverted at
the same time.
they all depend on that commit.

and first checking of that commit, it would have problem with system
more than 512g ...

static int insert_identity_mapping(resource_size_t paddr, unsigned long vaddr,
unsigned long size)
pgd_t *vpgd, *ppgd;
ppgd = __va(real_mode_header->trampoline_pgd) + pgd_index(paddr);

it missed one . we should use

ppgd = (pgd_t *)__va(real_mode_header->trampoline_pgd) + pgd_index(paddr);

Yinghai