Re: [GIT PULL] core block IO bits for 3.8

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Mon Dec 17 2012 - 12:00:13 EST

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:06:39AM -0500, Jeff Moyer wrote:
> Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > - Export control of bdi flusher thread CPU mask and default to using the
> > home node (if known) from Jeff.
>
> I certainly wouldn't mind this going in, but I think Tejun NACKed this
> patch. Tejun?

Hmm... yeah, I would much prefer if this doesn't go in this time. I
think we need something more generic for threadpools w/ scheduling
restrictions. It would be possible to retrofit so that the interface
eventually matches but given that this feature isn't an immediate
must-have thing, I think it would be better to not do this right now.

Thanks.

--
tejun