Re: [tip:x86/microcode] x86/microcode_intel_early.c: Early updateucode on Intel's CPU

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Dec 19 2012 - 18:40:13 EST

On 12/19/2012 03:30 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 03:17:59PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
I presume with "too big" he really means "oddly shaped".

Yeah, that's why it could be enlarged a little in order to adjust it to
the MTRR scheme. This is what the BKDG says about it:

Yes, they should just cap the hole a few megabytes short and put an UC MTRR at 0xfc00000000. That should happen regardless... this system is dangerous without it.

-hpa