Re: [GIT PULL] extcon for 3.8-rc4

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Jan 15 2013 - 07:12:51 EST

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 09:09:20PM +0900, Chanwoo Choi wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 15, 2013, Greg KH wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 04:34:18PM +0900, Chanwoo Choi wrote:
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > This is the extcon pull request for Linux 3.8-rc4.
> >
> > Please pull extcon with following updates:
> >
> > Update to max77693/max8997 extcon driver:
> > - Using MHL_TA cable for charging.
> > - Support JIG cable.
> > - Support Dock-Audio device for playing music and button of device.
> > - Support Dock-Smart device for desktop mode with mouse/keyboard.
> > - Set default UART/USB path on probe().
> > - Check the state/type of cable after completing initialization.
> > - Code clean to remove duplicate code and bug fix related to sequence of
> interrupt.
> > - Fix irq_flag of max8997/max77693 driver.
> >
> > Update to arizona extcon driver:
> > - Headphone measurements.
> > - Alternative detection mechanism for non-default system designs.
> > - Microphone clamp integration.
> > - Support for additional detection pin.
> > - MICBIAS rise time configuration.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for pulling,
>
> This request is for inclusion in 3.9, right?  This seems much too big
> for 3.8 at the moment.
>

> If you think that, I agree your opinion about including this request in 3.9.

That's really up to you, as a subsystem maintainer, to decide about.
You need to take bugfixes and ask for them to be included in the 3.8,
and new features and other work, for 3.9.

So can you please go over these patches and ensure that none of them are
ok for 3.8, and all are fine for 3.9?

Also, as Mark pointed out, you really need to get your tree(s) into
linux-next, can you work on doing that as well?

thanks,

greg k-h