Re: BUG at net/sunrpc/svc_xprt.c:921

From: Stanislav Kinsbursky
Date: Wed Jan 16 2013 - 00:20:04 EST

16.01.2013 00:56, J. Bruce Fields ÐÐÑÐÑ:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:16:00PM -0500, Mark Lord wrote:
On 13-01-14 03:37 PM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
Thanks for the report.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:17:09AM -0500, Mark Lord wrote:
Since upgrading to 3.7, and now 3.7.2, my AMD-450E based server

It's acting as an NFS client, right?

Client and server, with other Linux boxes all running 3.something kernels.

What did you upgrade from?

3.4.something, I believe.

is getting these BUG complaints. The .config file is gzip'd/attached.

Is this easy to reproduce?

So far, it seems to pop up within a day or so of any reboot.
I normally only reboot that system for a kernel upgrade,
but can do so a bit more often if there's useful info to collect.

So this means svc_delete_xprt was called on an xprt twice.

That could happen if server threads are still running (and calling
svc_recv) after we start shutting down the server: svc_shutdown_net
assumes that server threads are already shut down, but that isn't true
any more after the containerization work.

I thought that would only be a bug for users actually running multiple
containers, but looking at nfs_callback_down, I don't think that's
true--it seems to always shut down the thread last.

Thanks, Bruce. It reminds me the patch with additional protection for permanents sockets shutdown I've sent you a couple of mount ago...
Look like I should revisit this patch at least.

Mark, could you provide any call traces?

--b.

--
Best regards,
Stanislav Kinsbursky