RE: iwlwifi: regression in 3.8-rc4 and 3.7.3

From: Grumbach, Emmanuel
Date: Sun Jan 20 2013 - 01:40:51 EST

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:56 AM, Hugh Dickins <hughd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > After sending the first 2MB, scp over wireless becomes unbearably
> > slow, with frequent stalls: on this ThinkPad T420s running 3.8-rc4 or 3.7.3.
> > Not always, but often.
> >

> There is one pending iwlwifi-fixes, dunno if it will fix your issue.
> [1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/iwlwifi-
> fixes.git;a=commitdiff;h=c3e5d7181afb66657393066bccce0956fab09ab3

Right - so the 2 patches are unrelated, and the one Sedat is pointing at is relevant for 3.8 only. It fixes a bug that has been introduced in 3.8.
Regarding the issue Hugh is suffering from, I have to say that I am a little confused since I am pretty sure the patch is right. Now, it might uncover other pre-existing bugs. All I can say is that I don't think that reverting the patch is *so* problematic since the patch really wants to solve a rare case. If it causes issues, we can simply revert it. It only means that when I will get a little bit of time, I might need to ask you a few logs. Thanks for the report (and the bisection).
A member of the Intel Corporation group of companies