Re: [Consult] Plan: personal contributes plan for 2013

From: Chen Gang
Date: Thu Jan 24 2013 - 21:15:40 EST

Hello Valdis Kletnieks:

thank you for your reply, firstly.

also thank public kernel to provide this additional managerial services to members
(for me, "replying member's plan" belongs to managerial services)

for "[Consult]" title mails.
next time, I should use "Hello all" instead of " Hello 'each real-name' ".
(for no one has duty to must reply it, especially every one has his or her own work)

ä 2013å01æ25æ 07:31, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx åé:
> Even Dave Miller only averages 12-15 patches a month, and he does it for a
> living, and they're all in the one part of the kernel he maintains. ...

I guess, one of his main work is for checking and integrating another patches.
(also have to spend much time to communicate with many members for their patches)

I guess, some of his goal for internal are:
to let another members to provide correct contributes (patch should be checked)
and also keep them with efficiency and sustainable.

> More realistic goal:
>
> 1) Get a patch accepted.
> 2) Get another patch accepted.
> 3) Re-evaluate how many patches you can actually do.

thank you for your advice.
I should be mainly focused on current actions and results.

additional consult:

does "accepted" means:
the patch is applied in "tovalds" or "next-*" tree (another trees are not count)
the patch type is "Signed-of-by" (Reported-by, ... are not count)
the patch content is for new feature or bug fix (comments, ... are not count)

Regards

--
Chen Gang

Asianux Corporation