Basic perf PMU support for Haswell v1
From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Jan 25 2013 - 17:01:21 EST
This is based on v7 of the full Haswell PMU support, but
ported to the latest perf/core and stripped down to the "basic support"
I decided to include LBRs in the basic support. These are 4 patches
self contained at the end, so could be also handled as a separate
unit if that is preferable.
Contains support for:
- Basic Haswell PMU and PEBS support
- Late unmasking of the PMI
- Support for wide counters
- New TSX counter flags, exported as sysfs attributes
- Support for checkpointed counters.
- New LBR flags, exported as new flags with tools support
For more details on the Haswell PMU please see the SDM. For more details on TSX
please see http://halobates.de/adding-lock-elision-to-linux.pdf
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/