Re: block: optionally snapshot page contents to provide stable pagesduring write

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Sat Jan 26 2013 - 07:39:49 EST

Hi Darrick,

can you tell me why you do not put your help text where it normally
belongs ("help" Kconfig item)?

273 # We also use the bounce pool to provide stable page writes for jbd. jbd
274 # initiates buffer writeback without locking the page or setting
PG_writeback,
275 # and fixing that behavior (a second time; jbd2 doesn't have this
problem) is
276 # a major rework effort. Instead, use the bounce buffer to snapshot pages
277 # (until jbd goes away). The only jbd user is ext3.
278 config NEED_BOUNCE_POOL
279 bool
280 default y if (TILE && USB_OHCI_HCD) || (BLK_DEV_INTEGRITY && JBD)
281 help
282 line #273..277

Noticed while hunting a culprit commit in Linux-Next as my
kernel-config got changed between next-20130123..next-20130124.

Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=3f1c22e#patch5