Re: [RFC 1/4] video: panel: add CLAA101WA01A panel support

From: Alex Courbot
Date: Wed Jan 30 2013 - 02:27:25 EST

On 01/30/2013 04:20 PM, Mark Zhang wrote:
+ /* OFF and STANDBY are equivalent to us */
+ if (state == DISPLAY_ENTITY_STATE_STANDBY)
+ state = DISPLAY_ENTITY_STATE_OFF;

Do we need this? The "switch" below handles the same thing already.

Indeed, I have rewritten this part actually.

+static int panel_claa101_get_modes(struct display_entity *entity,
+ const struct videomode **modes)
+{
+ /* TODO get modes from EDID? */

Why not move the "nvidia,ddc" from encoder's DT to panel's DT? In that
case, you can get EDID here. I know drm has some helpers to fetch EDID
but I recall there are some other functions which has no drm
dependencies which may be suitable for you.

I explained this in the cover letter - I'm not sure we want to have a dependency on DRM here, as CDF entities could also be connected to other subsystems. That's something we need to figure out. But yes, ultimately this should be the place where EDID is retrieved.

+static struct of_device_id panel_claa101_of_match[] = {
+ { .compatible = "chunghwa,claa101wa01a", },
+ { },
+};
+MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(of, pwm_backlight_of_match);

What does this mean? Why we need this?

Well, now you know where I copy my code from. :)

Thanks,
Alex.