Re: [RFC 3/4] drm: tegra: use the Common Display Framework

From: Alex Courbot
Date: Wed Jan 30 2013 - 02:30:56 EST

On 01/30/2013 04:24 PM, Thierry Reding wrote:
Could you pick up a somewhat meaningful name? You know, there are too
many variables with name "drm/connector/output/encoder"... :)

Well, it's supposed to be abstract. From the CDF point of view it
could be anything besides a panel. I know this makes it an output of
an output, but I can't think of anything better right now.

How about renaming "this" to stream to match with what the output is in
CDF speak.

Good idea.

And the output's output is the panel, right? Why not just
call it that? Even if it isn't directly connected to a panel entity but
has indeed a whole pipeline in between, for tegra-drm it is still a
panel.

Makes sense indeed. Besides the DT refer it as "panel" already.

Thanks,
Alex.