Re: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2c on CPU 0.

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sun Feb 03 2013 - 16:15:26 EST

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 10:06:45PM +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 09:58:57PM +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> > and it seemed to me that when the eth cable is plugged in, it would
> > suspend and resume fine. When I then boot, unplug the cable, set all
> > tunables to "Good", suspend to disk and resume, no NMI message. When I
> > plug the cable back, only *then* the message triggered.
> >
> > I need to play with this a bit more to get a better sense of when
> > exactly it happens.
>
> Ok, not really.
>
> It is not influenced by the cable being plugged - it happens when I plug
> in the cable or simply shortly after resume, without the cable.

Ok, just did 10 s2ram cycles back-to-back - no issue whatsoever, no
matter when I (un-)plug the cable. Changed the suspend script to

echo "disk" > /sys/power/state

and did an 11th suspend-resume run. It triggered right after resuming
from disk. So I'd guess the image kernel might be the required condition
for the triggering of the issue.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.