Re: [ 105/128] efi: Make efi_enabled a function to query EFIfacilities

From: Ben Hutchings
Date: Mon Feb 04 2013 - 22:46:25 EST

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 16:44 +0000, Matt Fleming wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-02-03 at 16:15 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > As you can see this needed quite a lot of work to backport, and I
> > haven't been able to test it yet. So I would particularly appreciate
> > careful review of this.
>
> Everything looks fine to me but I haven't actually booted with these
> changes.

Thanks. I've now tested this on a 64-bit EFI system myself:

x86_64 kernel build:
- Boots successfully
- x86_efi_facilities = 0x3f
- efifb works
- efivars can be loaded and creates /sys/firmware/efi/vars

i386 kernel build:
- Boots as far as an initramfs shell, but the machine doesn't have an
i386 installation to continue with
- x86_efi_facilities = 0x21
- efifb works
- efivars can be loaded but does nothing

All of which I think is correct.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings