Re: Question on lockdep and MAX_LOCK_DEPTH

From: Ben Greear
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 01:24:00 EST

On 02/05/2013 08:36 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 19:30 -0800, Ben Greear wrote:

It's huge, so here's a link:

http://www.candelatech.com/~greearb/debug.tgz

The trace shows that __netif_receive_skb() is grabbing an
rcu_read_lock() but never releasing it. But I don't see any possible way
that can be true in the code.

Can you apply the following patch and run the trace again. I'd like to
see if the code is going in the path I expect it is.

I'll look at this in detail tomorrow. I have a few patches in dev.c code, maybe
I merged something badly....

Thanks,
Ben

--