Re: 3.8-rc1 patch_cirrus 4.0 regression...

From: David Henningsson
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 07:10:41 EST

On 02/06/2013 08:05 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
At Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:47:41 +0800,
Daniel J Blueman wrote:

To be sure, could you try again 3.8-rc6 without reversing patches,
adjust "Speaker" and "Bass Speaker" volumes properly, and retest?
If it still doesn't work, please take alsa-info.sh snapshot at this
state for comparing with the previous result.

My apologies! We do now have "Bass Speaker" which affects both bass
speakers. It was always being restored to level 0 and works when set
up.

OK, good to know.

There is a "Subwoofer" slider in addition to "Balance" and "Fade" in
the GNOME mixer UI which is greyed out; presumably this is intended as
the same mixer control?

I have no idea about GNOME stuff... David, do you know of this?

I haven't followed this discussion closely, but what sliders are enabled in Gnome sound settings is related to what profile is selected for that card. So if you select the 2.1 profile, "Balance" and "Subwoofer" will be enabled (and "Fade" disabled), but in a 4.0 profile, "Balance" and "Fade" will be enabled (and "Subwoofer" disabled). Is that answering your question?

For the record, PulseAudio does not yet use the new channel mapping API.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic