Re: Problems with late 3.8-rc5 and 3.8-rc6 on i686

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 09:04:56 EST

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 00:45:52 +0100,
JA Magallón <jamagallon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I had also problems with this and other daemons...
If you are using systemd, check if rtkit wants to run with PrivateTmp=yes.
If this is so, then check that your /tmp is _not_ a symlink, but
a real dir...

In this case it was using privatenetwork=yes when namespaces are enabled on 32 bit kernels. Possible an error status changed and systemd is behaving differently now due to that. We have a bug open in Fedora for this against rtkit, but I am going to recommend the submitter move it to systemd.

Thanks.