Re: [REGRESSION] [nailed] USB boot failure: USB: EHCI: make ehci-pcia separate driver

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Wed Feb 13 2013 - 05:05:49 EST

Indeed,
adding

ehci_pci

to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules and running

update-initramfs -u -k 3.7.0-rc5+

to get /boot/initrd.img-3.7.0-rc5+
of the formerly broken -rc5+ build corrected
manages to fix boot.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 08:44:09AM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> (is there a way to cleanly provide the accurately updated list
> from the kernel side? Or is there a scripted mechanism to at least extract
> all required *dependee* modules from the list of the ones that we
> already know of? That would have saved our a** here...)

Wouldn't have...
ehci-pci is the new top-level depender on ehci-hcd, not the other way
around.
Unfortunately such a change is even more insidious since one cannot pick
up the change in an automated manner (via dependency inspection).

A more automated yet KISS solution for initramfs dependency stuff would
be desireable if perhaps unfeasible.

Andreas Mohr