Re: Debugging Thinkpad T430s occasional suspend failure.

From: Dave Jones
Date: Wed Feb 13 2013 - 14:34:21 EST

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 09:37:27PM -0800, Hugh Dickins wrote:

> I think for the moment I'm going to hope that under the surface our
> problems are related, and when your bisection points a finger, look
> around to see if it suggests anything for my case. Lazy, but...

I have the worst luck with bisects. Halfway through I started seeing
a *different* suspend failure, which led me down the wrong path
ultimately leading to 59a93c27c which was a red herring even though
it even talks about suspend (I had my hopes high when testing that one).

Started over, and ended up in a merge commit containing just a single
patch to slab (210ed9defff). Reverting that on top of 3.7-rc8 doesn't
fix the problem. Backing up one level of bisect, the other alternative
path was 5b3900cd40, which also didn't help when reverting.

My test was a loop of 100 suspend/resume cycles before calling something
'good'. The 'bad' cases all failed within 10 cycles (usually 2-3).

Dave