Re: [GIT PULL] x86/platform changes for v3.9
From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Feb 20 2013 - 01:39:58 EST
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please pull the latest x86-platform-for-linus git tree from:
My main desktop just had a reboot failure - it just got stuck at the
end, not powering down, and not rebooting like it should have.
This is *not* necessarily the pull that caused it, but 8f55cea410db
rebooted cleanly, and 1a13c0b181f2 did not. That implies that it's one
of your pull requests. The pulls I did in between are:
- scheduler (with the dyntick and cputime accounting)
- smp-hotplug-for-linus: stop_machine preparatory patches from Thomas..
- timers-core-for-linus. Hmm..
- x86-apic-for-linus: certainly possibly causing problems at shutdown..
- x86-asm-for-linus: sounds unlikely, but who knows..
- x86-boot-for-linus: shouldn't affect shutdown, but..
- x86-build-for-linus: _really_ shouldn't affect shutdown..
- x86-cleanups-for-linus: unlikely
- x86-hyperv-for-linus: no, not a hyperv user ;)
- x86-platform-for-linus: rebooting is a platform thing, but none of
this seems relevant
- x86-uv-for-linus: not likely relevant.
I'm not going to bisect it right now, hoping that somebody goes "Hmm,
maybe it's xyzzy". And maybe it was just a one-time event, but I don't
recall having had that whole "reboot fails" case on this machine
before. Any ideas?
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/