Re: [GIT PULL] x86/mm changes for v3.9-rc1

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Sat Feb 23 2013 - 16:37:43 EST

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Could you elaborate please?
>>
>> only call xen_get_user_pgd() when it should be called.
>
> I should have been more explicit. When I was saying "elaborate" I was
> soliciting for advice on the 'check condition' and how to make it robust.

your 64bit xen_write_cr3_init, is just xen_write_cr3 without
xen_get_user_pgd calling.
plus set xen_write_cr3 to ops.write_cr3.

so if you could have way to find out when xen_get_user_pgd could be used,
new xen_write_cr3_init need to check that, then set ops.write_cr3 and
call ops.write_cr3
otherwise will still call slim version without update ops.write_cr3
and bail out early.

Thanks

Yinghai