Re: [GIT PULL] Load keys from signed PE binaries

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Feb 25 2013 - 22:45:33 EST

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The user Microsoft care about isn't running Linux

How f*cking hard is it for you to understand?

Stop arguing about what MS wants. We do not care. We care bout the
*user*. You are continually missing the whole point of security, and
then you make some idiotic arguments about what MS wants you to do.

It's irrelevant. The only thing that matters is what our *users* want
us to do, and protecting *their* rights. As long as you seem to treat
this as some kind of "let's please MS, not our users" issue, all your
arguments are going to be crap.

Linus