Re: [Ocfs2-users] Kernel panic due to ocfs2

From: richard -rw- weinberger
Date: Thu Feb 28 2013 - 02:05:46 EST

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Srinivas Eeda <srinivas.eeda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/27/2013 03:52 AM, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM, richard -rw- weinberger
>> <richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Please submit the patch immediately.
>>> Why does one need a f§&"!#$ SR from Oracle to have this fixed?
>>
>> So, where can I find this patch?
>> Can you please share it with us insignificant and rubbishy community
>> folks?
>
> Here is the patch against mainline which I haven't yet submitted because I
> have not finished testing on mainline kernel yet. I am running into another
> unrelated crashes during testing. I am forwarding the patch to you assuming
> you are looking for this fix.
>
> https://oss.oracle.com/~seeda/patches/dlm-race/
>
> The other person who emailed about the problem was running older ocfs2
> version(1.4-10). Which is where I originally debugged, patched and tested
> the fix. So I offered to help him.

Thanks a lot for the patch!
Offering help is okay, but the SR thing had a really bad taste.
Iff mainline is not vulnerable, no problem but please communicate such
a fact clearly.
Also if your patch is not yet through your in-house QA, you can still
send an "hey-i-have-an-idea..."-patch.

Is the git repo listed in MAINTAINERS and the ocfs2 website still valid?
It looks kinda outdated...
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jlbec/ocfs2.git

OCFS2 development seems to be very opaque currently.

--
Thanks,
//richard