Re: sched: CPU #1's llc-sibling CPU #0 is not on the same node!

From: Tang Chen
Date: Fri Mar 01 2013 - 01:19:43 EST

On 03/01/2013 01:00 PM, Yinghai Lu wrote:
On Thursday, February 28, 2013, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

On 02/28/2013 08:32 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Yingai, Andrew,
is this ok with you two?

Linus

FWIW, it makes sense to me iff it resolves the problems

I prefer to reverting all 8 patches.

Actually I have worked out one patch that could solve all problems, but it
is too intrusive that I do not want to split it to small pieces to
post it.

Leaving the movablemem_map related changes in the upstream tree,
will prevent me from continuing to make memblock to be used to allocate
page table on local node ram for hot add.

Hi Yinghai,

Would you please give me a url to your code ?

I don't think movablemem_map will block your work a lot. According to your
description, you are modifying memblock to reserve some memory for local
node pagetables, right ?

If so, I think it won't be too difficult to make the code OK with your work.

Thanks. :)

Will send reverting patch and putting page table on local node patch around
10pm after I get home.

Thanks