Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the ftrace tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Fri Mar 01 2013 - 23:17:15 EST

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 22:55:29 -0500 Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh crap, sorry. Quite the contrary. I should have waited for -rc1 as
> this is intended for v3.10.
>
> I made some major changes and wanted testing on it as soon as possible.
> I've done tons of testing on my own but I wanted a broader audience. Do
> you want me to pull my tree and reset it to what is only for 3.9?

Yes, please. The reasoning is that until -rc1 is out we don't want to
complicate life for people whose code has not yet been merged by
reporting problems in code that will not be merged until the next merge
window.

That is why my daily reports during the merge window start with:

"Please do not add any work destined for v3.10 to your -next included
branches until after Linus has release v3.9-rc1."

But I am beginning to realise that not many actually read those reports (I
had the date wrong on two of them this week and it was only noticed after
the second one :-().

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx